Once I had completed my ebooklet “Loosing the Baggage”, it was time to really get cracking on how to promote the sale of the ebooklet.
And that’s when I realized that I had forgotten that I had set out a goal to be slimmed by 9 Oct 2010!
Well, needless to say, I didn’t achieve it at all. However, I did learn a few things about myself as I gave feedback to myself :
- It’s important to celebrate failures as it is to celebrate successes. This is to get the negative feelings out of the way, such as blame, guilt and shame out of the way. I only learnt this in October during Ultimate Leadership Camp at Kuala Rompin, Pahang.
- Always to remember to give feedback on what I did well, what I could do better and what I would do differently the next time. What I did well was that I made it a point to go to the gym more. What I didn’t do well was get distracted by the guilt of not going to the gym as often and then taking a bite to eat. Plus, sleeping late apparently increases my appetitite even more, that I end up binge eating. So I made an outlet of releasing the guilt by going to the gym at the nearest opportunity.
- I finally wrote a book and realized that I needed to also market it out so that people know it’s actually. Plus, I had the thought of writing another book but this time, centered around Food and Cooking, since that’s what a lot of people seemed to look for.
- Preparing meals at home were getting tougher as I spent a longer time at the time. So I enlisted the help of my Granny to help cut the vegetables. In fact, I’m eating more raw vegetables now compared to before because it seems easier to do it.
- Taking supplements were easy. Only one supplement was hard because it was awhile before the tablet form was available again in Kuching. This was Udo’s Oil Blend of Omegas 3-6-9. So I had to pour the oil over my dinner so that it was easier to swallow rather than taking the oil straight up!
- Journaling wasn’t always easy and even now, it’s still as tough as ever to motivate myself to do it. It’s still a challenge that I’m still facing and doing but what the hey, life is a journey, not as a destination. 🙂
For comparison, here are the 9 Oct 2010 Goals :
9 Oct 2010 is a special date. It is the date that I will :
- Achieve my weight loss goal of reaching 66 kg which is the healthy range.
- Be fit and strong to take on the world!
- Be at the peak of my health with a healthy body that can do anything that I want it to do.
How do I intend to do this?
- By sticking to my exercise plan : Going to the gym and doing my morning walks. This in turn will make my body stronger and trimmer as well as build up my endurance.
- By preparing majority of my meals at home : This is to reduce the amount of sugar that I’m taking when I eat outside.
- By taking my supplements daily : So that my body can heal itself rather than relay on drugs.
- By journaling daily : To stay focus and conscious and present. Knowing that for the slipups that I do make it’s not the end of the world.
This page is a reminder for me to stay on the path and keep my head cool and collected.
So, since 2011 is just around the corner, time for some new goals.